Saturday, November 26, 2011

Back in the USA

Well I am back in the USA...it still feels surreal. The moment I stepped into the airport in the US, I was longing to speak Spanish because everyone around me was speaking English. Thankfully I ran into some Mexicans at the airport and was able to speak Spanish :) Being back has been weird but I have been enjoying my time with family. I was glad to be back just in time for Thanksgiving so that I could spend it with my family! The day after Thanksgiving, I started work at a Christmas tree farm. So my US life basically immediately started back up full force.

I think about my loved ones in Ecuador often and talk to them on Skype and Facebook often. And like I said,  I miss speaking so much! Although I am not longer in Ecuador, part of my heart remains there and I know that I will be going back in the near future. I am determined to find the money to go back! I am so thankful for my time in Ecuador and the amazing, truly life changing experience that I had there. Mostly, I am thankful for all the wonderful people that I met there and the great relationships that I formed. Relationships that will last a lifetime.

I will start back up at my University in January to finish up my last quarter! I will be graduating in March with a major in Human Services and a minor in Spanish! Then I will start the Peace Corps. I do not know my specific country or start date yet but they told me that my region is Latin America and I could start as early as June of 2012. I am so thankful that I will be serving in Latin America!

Thank you for reading my blog!

My mom and I on Thanksgiving day

No comments:

Post a Comment