Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ecuador, you stole my heart.

I am currently sitting at the airport in Quito waiting to board my flight to the US. I know this may sound dramatic I feel like I will never feel happy again or be able to stop crying. I had to say goodbye to an amazing country that stole my heart and to so many amazing people, friends, and family figures that I had here. There was not enough time to say goodbye to all the loved ones that I have hear. I have so many loved ones in so many different cities all over Ecuador that it was difficult to say goodbye. It was especially difficult to say goodbye to the kids at the orphanage that I had become so close with. Saying goodbye to my family in Quito was also really difficult because I love them so much and they have been such a blessing to me. Last night, my family had a goodbye dinner for me and it was so wonderful. There were tears in my eyes the entire time because I felt so blessed but also so sad at the same time to be leaving.

It is amazing how much this experience has changed my life in such a short time. It's only been five and a half months since my first day in Ecuador but it feels like a lifetime because of the relationships and all the experiences that I have had.

Ecuador definitely stole my heart and there is no doubt in my mind that I will be back sometime in the near future.

Saying goodbye to my amazing friends in Guayaquil

My last day with the boys at the orphanage in Cuenca :(


Saying goodbye to some of my favorite kids at the orphanage in Quito

"NOOOO KENDRA DON'T LEAVE!!!!!"

My beautiful Vivi. One of the older girls at the orphanage who I became so close with. 

At my going away party. They made a little sign for my chair that said "happy travels"


No comments:

Post a Comment