Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cielo Verde!

Cielo Verde is translated to "Green Sky/Heaven". This is the name of the little town where I spent 4 amazing days last week with my family in Quito. It is in the jungle about 4 hours outside of Quito. This trip is one of the most wonderful trips that I have taken here in Ecuador. We stayed with the brother of Adriana who has the most kind and adorable family that live out in Cielo Verde. We took walks through the jungle and picked fruit, we swam in rivers, we sung songs by the camp fire, and many wonderful things like this. Everything that we ate was straight from the land, so fresh and delicious. I did end up getting sick though from eating a fruit called "cacao". I was basically puking my guts up for a while but after that I was just fine. Despite getting sick, everything was so much fun and so wonderful. Just spending quality time together in the jungle and the natural beauty. It was so great to get away from the big city of Quito and just spend some simple yet quality time together. My friend Adriana is such a pleasure to spend time with because she is always so genuinely happy and positive. She grew up in the jungle and loves nature and the countryside. She does not like living in Quito because she doesn't like cities. So she was extra happy to be in the nature and we enjoyed every minute.

Here are some photos from the trip!:

Sitting in the yard of the house where we stayed

Adriana's son Gabriel wore his batman suit nearly all week :)

The 2 adorable daughters of the family that we stayed with

Singing songs by the campfire at night


Picking interesting fruit on one of our many walks through the jungle


A palm tree with spikes

On another jungle walk

Swimming in the river


A chicken that we ate for dinner

The food was so fresh and all straight from the land


Every morning we milked cows!



The house where we stayed. They built it themselves.

Another interesting fruit from the jungle


Walking to a river

Swimming!



My dear, amazing friend Adriana.

We had to get across the river this way because there was no bridge


The delicious fruit "cacao" that was so good but make me puke my guts out later in the day

My favorite fruit Pitahaya!

I took this photo for my parents because I know they will freak out when they see it...before living in Ecuador vegetarian but now I eat chicken! Aren't you proud mom and dad? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment